Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation.
As Manager Contract Security and Infrastructure with the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation, I led cross functional teams responsible for assessing security risks and overlay requirements, the procurement of the human and physical security resources required for all games venues, and the delivery of training and logistical support arrangements of the engagement with GOLDOC include:
- Delivery of integrated contract security workforce which resulted in the deployment of almost 3,800 security officers
- The procurement and deployment of the most comprehensive hostile vehicle mitigation overlay in Australian event history
- Management of a security overlay budget of approximately $100M.
G20 Taskforce - Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
As a Security Manager within the G20 Taskforce, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, I established and developed close working relationships with the relevant Commonwealth and State (or as the case may be Territory) government agencies and jurisdictional police, to deliver highly effective security services and arrangements for the preparatory meetings held throughout Australia and the Leaders Summit held in Brisbane.
Queensland Police Service
Some of the highlights of my tenure with the Queensland Police Service (30 years Service) include:
- Principal planning officer – Royal visit by Her Majesty the Queen in 2002
- Project Manager, Policelink Project
- Two tours of duty in East Timor, on the first occasion as a United Nations Police Technical Advisor in 2003 and on the second occasion in 2006 as a Superintendent seconded to the Australian Federal Police as Planning and Operations Coordinator
- Service with the Queensland Reconstruction Authority and Senior Qld Police Liaison Officer
- Manager of Mareeba District Disaster Coordination Centre in 2006 (Post Cyclone Larry)
- Recipient of Commissioner’s Meritorious Service Award 2012